Port Douglas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 1st 2014
Published: March 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we were on.the move again. Bags packed we checked out and waited for our transfer to Dougies backpackers. The journey out of Cairns to Port Douglas was lovely. Intially lots of roundabouts but then we reached.the coast line, travelling up and.around the hills. On one side of the road was the hills and the other was the beach was very pretty.

We arrived in Port Douyglas and dropped our things off at dougies. The hostel appears nice, rooms clean. It has a pool but noone there as its raining. Again the weather not great but we not letting it ruin our time. We hired some.bikes and cycled to the centre. The centre reminds me of Lytham, like a little beach town. We stopped for lunch and had a walk to the harbour. We had a little shop and stopped at the supermarket to buy tea(lamb steak and rice). When we came out the shop the heavens had opened but we wanted to see four mile beach so we bought two of them full length throw away macs. They did the trick so we cycled along a small part of the beach and.then around the streets exploring. The.town is very quiet at the minute apparently this next two.weeks is known.to rain so everyone disappears somewhere warmer.

Tonight we stayed in.the hostel and used their cooking facilities. We had lamb and rice (cooked by Darren as he kept telling everyone on the tour he was Jamie Oliver). I attempted a game of pool with darren as he missing his pool friends but im so rubbish. Darren then had a few.games with a guy and won 2-1.

Back in the room now, which is a double but we got a shared bathroom. Not as bad as i thought, actually quite clean. Just to add aswell 1 month in Asia 2 bites half a day in Port Douglas, 5 bites!!





.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0955s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb