Social Structures


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What role do women play in this society? Do they have equality? If not, what discrimination do women in this country face?



http://www.skwirk.com.au/p-c_s-56_u-109_t-290_c-975/women-in-australia-now/nsw/women-in-australia-now/changing-rights-and-freedoms-women/women



In Australia women are ranked pretty high apposing to other places. dealing with jobs they now have higher positions within the politics area. Most jobs have been required to provided equality between men and women meaning women can complete the same work task as men. Overall women are still not as fortunate as men in Australia because if your child is sick the women typically would have to take time off of work to come and shelter your child. Children are a big responsibility and women are the main care givers for them. Women usually have to partake in a part time job because of their children so then again it may be difficult for a women to have high positions in their work place. Women in Australia has been granted with more choices than in the older days they have more choices now than they did before. But women does not have as much freedom as men do. Women are the primary home-maker, they have the responsibility of cooking, and cleaning the home. If a women does have a part time job it's like they are working double at home and their workplace.A positive change for women is government support and all of these changes occurred after the women's movement.

In conclusion Women are equal as men to a certain degree even though they have more responsibilities. They are not able t to have as much freedom as men but that does not mean they can not have an happy life. Women are usually pressured into getting married and having kids. But when that does occur it makes it harder for them to get a place of employment because of the needs their child is going to have.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb