Religion


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
September 27th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What is the dominant religion in Australia, and how does this faith differ from other world regions? What beliefs or ideas make this religion unique?

http://alldownunder.com/australian-facts/religions-of-australia.htm

http://www.australiancollaboration.com.au/pdf/FactSheets/Religion-FactSheet.pdf



I found a lot of interesting facts on Australia and it seems to be that the most dominant religion is Protestantism. Australia is majority Caucasian which is 92%, 7% Asian, and 1% other. Australia is considered a Christian country but there is a variety of religions there. After the World War II many people migrated into Australia and different religions came a long with those people. Many Orthodox Christians migrated in from Greece, and the MIddle East, and majority of the Catholics came from Italy.

The dominant religion in Australia is Protestantism which means they deny the universal authority of the Pope. Australia's religion differs from other world region because there race factor is majority Caucasian. Also because they are Protestantism and you really do not hear about that a lot. There spiritual values are based on land in belief in the Dreamtime. Dreaming is to be ancient time of creation and present day reality.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb