Jordan · The COUNTRY


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan
November 19th 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/306128/Jordan/256334/Sports-and-recreation

How do sports play a role in the everyday life of people in Jordan ?

The culture of Jordan is revolved around Islamic and Arabic ways of life. Although soccer is one of the most popular sports in Jordan. The sport soccer is becoming more and more popular because of the improvement in their actual football team. This Country has always had a wide range of diversity in it's location and is in the intersection of three continents. Jordan is known for a lot of things such as their music and sports. Soccer and basketball are their two main sports. Their culture is mainly influenced by Western Europe.



Sports play a role in the everyday life for the people in Jordan simply because everyone is adapting to it. By adapting I mean more and more people in that Country is getting more skilled at the sport. Very similar to the cultures you may be familiar with, for example Chicago has a lot of great basketball students that are going pro. Once people see their role model they want to strive and be the same. It's kind of the same process in Jordan but for soccer they are playing this sport everyday getting better and trying to create a name for themselves. In another article I found that some people could not live with out this game of soccer it is a way of life.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb