South Bank Parklands


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
January 14th 2012
Published: January 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We woke up at around 9:30 this morning, after a few hours of sleep and decided to go to the South Bank Parklands. Turned out to be an awesome day, weather was pretty hot but, overcast so not deathly hot. They have what they call ‘Streets Beach’ which is an artificial beach that looks like a tropical lagoon. After getting the best coffee and being educated on where ‘we Canucks got the name Canada from’ (apparently they put all the letters in a hat and just picked some resulting in Canada) we headed over to the beach. It is fully lifeguarded and all of them wearing the flattering Red and Yellow uniform we do at home. We laid on the beach for a few hours and then decided to go wonder around ‘Stanley Street Plaza’ it has all these really cool and unique little shops and a ton of restaurants. Laur bought a bracelet made of hematite for a super good bargain and then we went to find somewhere to eat. Eventually settling on a Mexican Tapas Bar called ‘Ole’ which was delicious we got a pitcher of white wine sangria and had the best food ever. We had a bowl of green olives (I know Taun you are going to think this is disgusting but, it was soooo good), Pulpo con Chorizo (we both probably could have licked the bowl this was so good. It is grilled octopus with chorizo, fresh lime, parsley and tomato. We also had crisp calamari and whitebait with aioli and Coffin Bay Oysters with a vodka gazpacho. Today was our day to celebrate being in Aus and finally getting off a plane. After tonight we are going to be nice and frugal or at least try to be.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb