Almost There!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
January 14th 2012
Published: January 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After we left Dubai we had a really short stop-over like 35 minutes in Singapore. Laur went out to find a place to have a smoke and discovered the BEST find of the trip so far, coolest outdoor smoking patio. It was super hot and nice to actually get outside for even just a few minutes. Finally we were on our way to Brisbane! We both ended up sleeping the majority of the flight but, not before having the BEST, yep even beating the lamb and free wine meal. Laur had roast beef, potatoes and corn and I had sweet and sour chicken with rice it actually tasted like Chinese food. It came with really good cheese, crackers and chocolate. If it wasn’t for the 36 hours of travel time I’d definitely take Emirates again. Finally at 12:50 local time we touched down in Brisbane. All of our luggage arrived (thank god because I know I had more than the $500 or whatever they give for lost luggage) and we got through customs without a problem. We got on a shuttle that took us directly to our hostel, Brisbane Backpackers Resort and checked into our room. After some quick Skype chats and a crisis with my TD Visa we went to bed for a few hours.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.896s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb