Air Canada is Good but, It's No Lamb Dinner and Free Wine


Advertisement
Middle East
January 12th 2012
Published: January 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Laur and I have finally made it to Dubai. Only took us a short 12 hours to get here. It's 7pm here and like 10am at home so we've pretty much lost the entire day for January 12th. We're currently sitting in one of the millions of restaurants in terminal 3 at the airport having a beer, no ceasers though thoroughly disappointed.



The plane ride was super long although such a nice airline, we ate with metal utencils! got lamb as our dinner with free wine. We felt like we were in first class rather than economy. As a downside though we managed to have every kid on the entire flight in our section, with the joy of a newborn baby, cried probably like 70% of the way. Thank god for birth control! The guy sitting next to us was super nice and let us get up all the time so we could go for walks and brief yoga sessions. He even gave us a history lesson on Dubai when we were flying in. It was dark so we got to see all the buildings lit up, even the Burj Khalifa, which is the tallest building in the world it stands at 828 metres and the CN Tower stands at 553 metres. It was the first thing we saw when we were coming into the city and around it is the largest fountain show in the world, wayy better than the fountain show at the Bellagio apparently.



Oh and as a side note both Laur and I managed to have both pieces of luggage under the limit!

We'll write a new one when we get to Brisbane.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb