Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
July 17th 2008
Published: July 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Cotton Tree and Noosa 001Cotton Tree and Noosa 001Cotton Tree and Noosa 001

This is in Cotton Tree
Today we went out to Noosa.
It takes about an hour on the bus.

Amazing ride out there.
Saw Coolum Beach which is gorgeous and Mt.Cooum which is an amazing circular mountain that appears out of nowhere.
Jenn met a woman who was telling her the history of it and apparently aboriginals were forced to jump off the mountain by white people.
We plan on visiting this site and finding out more about the history.

Noosa is a semi posh place.
Lots of boutiques and touristy stuff.
The beach is amazing.
Is is surrounded by forest and goes on forever.
Funny enough the main street is Hastings...Much Different than the well know Canadian one.

We went to an art gallery to see a display of work by Dr. Suess.
Extremely interesting.
Did you know that Green Eggs and Ham was written because a friend bet him that he could not write a book with under 50 words?
Also seeing how he conceived all of his ideas of how to teach kids fundamental life lessons.

My favorite painting was one of a bird wearing a big lion head.
It is called "noboby's fool" and the message is that
Cotton Tree and Noosa 003Cotton Tree and Noosa 003Cotton Tree and Noosa 003

Why does the sand turn black??? Dad I am expecting you to know this:)
no matter how hard we try to portray an image we are fooling nobody because when it comes down to it we are us underneath.

I also really loved the book "Oh the places you will go'
This one talks about how you can do anything with your life...but what I enjoyed about it is that he also talks about the fact that there will be hard times too and that no matter how hard you work and how great you are you are not immune to loneliness and problems...but that you can get through them and achieve happiness.

The art was worth SOOOO much money.

We found a great backpackers travel place and have begun planning out trip up the coast to the Whitsunday's.

I booked my flight to Melbourne and we leave on the 24th.

Complete side note but my friend's son said the funniest thing the other day.
He said "why do you (Shelley) sound more Canadian than you (Jenn)?" Guess that TWANG is giving my country of origin away 😊

Another side note. ...some of these pictures are from Cotton Tree which is a beach that is about 10 minutes away from our house.
When tide is low you can walk out in the Maroochy River...although I will need to rent a kayak for that.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Cotton Tree and Noosa 009Cotton Tree and Noosa 009
Cotton Tree and Noosa 009

Wicked cool Island that I have to figure out how to get on to.
Cotton Tree and Noosa 015Cotton Tree and Noosa 015
Cotton Tree and Noosa 015

I actually thought this bird was going to get into my purse
Cotton Tree and Noosa 016Cotton Tree and Noosa 016
Cotton Tree and Noosa 016

This is where the Noosa pix start


Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb