When the world hands you a lemon...make lemonaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
July 13th 2008
Published: July 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We started out with games night.
First we played headbands and then moved on to charades.
After all the fun our friends headed home and Jenn and I decided to go on a mission.

Mission Lemon Tree

Down the road from us we have a neighbor with a lemon tree.
Being the unemployed vagrant that I am we decided we could save money by stealing fruit.
Equipped with a plastic lawn chair we headed out to gather our target.
Unfortunalty the lemons were about 10ft up in the air and no amount of jumping off the chair brought us any closer to grabbing one.
I attempted to use a stick to knock them down and Jenn tried using a sign we found on the side of the road.
End result = No lemons

So we decided to head back home.

Here is where things became unexpected.

As we came around to our car park we could hear an engine revving.
Turns out it was a man trying to get his sport bike out of the door but his front tire would not make it over the ledge.
He yelled to us for help and we asked him why he didn't just open the garage door.
His response was that he was going to take his bike out and kill himself if only he could get it out.

We were not sure what we should do but we knew we couldn't just leave him.
We were able to talk him into pulling the bike back and shutting off the engine.
Jenn got her cell phone and called the police as I continued to talk to him.

It took the cop 10 minutes to get there.
I worried that when the cop came a scene would begin but the cop was great and just listened to the man and then slowly coaxed him into getting in the car with him.
The man thanked us and told the cop that we had done a really good thing for him tonight.

I guess the end result is that just because you live in the sun doesn't mean you don't have problems.
Once agian I can't expect high UV rays to make the world right.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0756s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb