Adelaide - Great Ocean Road - Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
October 16th 2005
Published: October 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Its been a lil while so I thought I'd better try and do some more updating. We will add pix at a later date...ie when we can be arsed to sit here for ages and wait on the CD to burn!!!😊

We flew from Brisbane to Adelaide and spent a few days there mainly just wandering around and chilling...we were wrecked after all the schedules!! It was a really nice city. Old and probably old-fashioned too (but that seems to be the thing here is Oz...and they say Ireland is behind the times...not a chance...miles ahead of the Aussies). It was very laid back and we stayed in a nice homely hostel over a bar. Not many of us there because of the time of year so it made it even more homely.

From Adelaide we got the "Wayward Bus" Trip along the Great Ocean Road to Melbourne. It was a 3.5 day trip and it was excellent. The coast down there is so beautiful and yes awesome. We saw so many rock formations like the 12 Apostles (which there is only actually 8 now), The London Bridge, The Grotto, The Arch...and so many more and all of them my words cant do justice to. We climbed a sand dune, walked through the bush and ate some "bush tucker" and "Kangaroo Balls"...which is SOO wrong. Didn't like it..very chewy. The trip was good fun. Met some really nice people (and also some really annoying ones...one of which we keep bumping into ever since!!)

We arrived in Melbourne but only stayed one night was we were very very keen to get to Sydney, get settled and get some dollars rolling in. It seemed like a really nice city and we would've liked to have stayed longer but we may go back down again. And yes, we done the typical "Tourist" thing and went on the Neighbours tour!! We didnt get to meet any stars 😞 but it was very sureal to be on the street and stand beside the houses we have seen on telly for so long.

Anyway, we are now in Sydney. I started a 3 month contract with a bank on Monday and it is going fine. The team are really young so it seems good fun so far. We moved into a wee studio flat on Wednesday. Its in the red light district of Sydney (hmmm, I wonder why Darren was so keen to move here...lol) but its perfect for us and just a 2 min trip on a train to my work. Sweet. So far loving Sydney but have done NO tourist things as were getting things sorted but we plan do do some at the weekends. Anyway you lot..till next time.

PS: thanks to all for their mails...love getting them...and to those who have been lazy...come on, get yer finger out...lol;-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



15th December 2005

Hi
Hey how are ye getting on, the pictures look great, ye look like Kylie and Jason standing at the Ramsey street sign. Keep the e-mails coming Darren to let me know what ye are up to. Just wondering, why is that lake called the "Red Lake" ??? Duh!!!
21st December 2005

Merry christmas
Hey folks, Whats happening to the sydney chapter of your travelblog. I know you are busy jo! what with living in the red light district and all! All is fine here, Dylan very excited bout santy coming, me too actually. Anyway have a fab xmas and new year, we will all miss yis. Mam, dad and charlie send their love. Will talk to you soon. xxxx

Tot: 0.878s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb