Ballina to Bedford Weir


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
June 1st 2007
Published: June 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Friday 01 June 2007

Happy Birthday to Dad (Bron’s Dad) for the 31st!!

So here we are at Bedford Weir, Central Queensland and finally we are staying put for 3 beautiful days…………ah the peace and serenity. We are camped by the river (about 100 metres) and there is a playground approximately 5 metres from our van - Lily is loving it!! And better yet it’s free.

So what’s happened in the last few days, I cannot forget to mention that Matt proudly changed his oil yesterday morning much to his delight and he passed his first road train (3 trailers). We have also managed to kill our first kangaroo unfortunately it also had a little Joey that we couldn’t manage to find.

The award for ‘going feral first’ goes to Ethan……..there’s no way this child is ever going to be clean again, not while we are traveling anyway. We are getting some great 21st birthday shots let me tell you.

The kids sleeping habits leave a little bit to be desired………..they’re alright until one of them wakes the other and then the other one starts screaming and then inevitably Matt sleeps with Lily and I sleep with Ethan and we all wake at the crack of dawn.

Of course, Matt’s taken to this new life like Harry Buttler, Princess here still requires a little training. The other Princess is trialing life as a nudist already and Ethan has little skin left on his toes and legs as he continues to crawl more than he walks!!!

As I sit here typing this enthralling entry for you all, Matt (with a newly shaven head, you all remember the criminal look don’t you?) is trying to teach Lily how to fish (and unwrangle line) while we wait for the car to get fixed in Blackwater (Mining town). It seems that the Cruiser’s rear axle seal needs replacing so the caretaker of the camp ground helped Matt out by driving him back from town, letting us use his phone (as our’s doesn’t get service), and telling the mechanic that Matt was family (the caretaker is also Aboriginal). Ethan has managed to find the puddle of water under the van that has become a nice and squishy puddle, excellent I really need to let go of the idea that he will be clean at all.

Lily has already become more adventurous, Matt just taught her how to climb the rope equipment, she’s getting more adventurous and confident everyday (oh oh). And Ethan is content playing with the van equipment (e.g chains, drains etc). And me, I’m not saying anything too incriminating yet  let’s just say watch this space.

All in all it’s going pretty well. We are definitely getting better at the set ups and pack ups, we are waiting til 12 o’clock to have our first beverage (just kidding Mum) and we are still speaking to each other woo hoo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



5th June 2007

12pm for drinks?
Since when have you guys been such sticklers for rules?

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb