West is the best...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
August 31st 2015
Published: September 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

After our long drive across the bottom to make it to the West... we made it safely to Perth, Western Australia. We stayed in the city for a couple days to figure out jobs and where we want to go. It is cold and rainy out here which is not ideal. But we found farm work about 9 hours north of Perth where the weather is nicer (the reason we came to this country!)

When we were making our way up there the car started to over heat. We took it into a Midas to get checked out - turns out to get it fixed, it would be more than the car is worth! So we decided to scrape it 😞 sad moment to say goodbye to our car.

We wanted to explore the area still - so we rented a camper van to go exploring north. We went to Kilbarri to go 4wheeling which was so much fun. We did it on the beach and saw a couple whales swimming along. On the way out I almost hit a couple kangaroos that decided to jump out across the road - scary moment 😊

Next was Monkey Mia where you can stand in the water and the dolphins come right up to the shore and hang out. It was fun.

Then we went to Coral Bay for a couple days. We went snorkelling in the water where the reef was different from the east coast and was good fun to be back on the beach!

After a week of driving and exploring - we headed back south to Perth to make our next move. When we got back, the guy that we rented the van from let us sleep in the parking lot for the night! lol - we were locked in the lot so it was safe. We then got a massive home on wheels to get to Melbourne! It was so much fun to drive - it could sleep 6 people in it plus a shower and toilet! It was a sad moment giving it back!

We made a 2 night stop in the Margaret River to do a wine/beer tour which was so much fun 😊 We had a really good tour group and it was full. Plus there were some cool places that we stopped at along the way with some good food. Would totally recommend doing this!

Then there was the long drive across back towards Melbourne! We made it good time with about 75 kms to spare as well. We stayed in Melbourne a couple days. We then got another smaller van to drive to Sydney for a couple days. We got to hit a beach again in Bondi 😊 and I even got to see my South African cousin which was nice. After spending a couple days in the rain - we got a BMW car to drive up to Brisbane.

We made a stop in Byron Bay for a couple nights and hit the bit city. We got another car in the city to start our next adventure. Hope that the next adventure is great too! Stay tuned.



We are also have a goal to hit every state in the country - we have done all of them now except for Tasmania! We are going to try and go down in the summer when it is warmer! Hope it all works out for us and yes, we even did Canberra.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb