OUR ITINERARY FOR DRIVING DOWN AUSTRALIA'S WEST COAST


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
February 27th 2015
Published: February 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Australia is a vast, diverse and strikingly beautiful at every angle, from the bustling mega metropolis to the outbacks, the wine regions, the coastlines and the mountains, it is one destination that driving through really pays off. The Australian West Coast is one of best scenic routes you can take in the land down under, and as people who have been there, done that, we have our own irresistible itinerary. In our exciting trip, we drove from Perth to Exmouth.



PERTH TO GERALDTON

Our journey began in Perth where we hired our Spaceship campervan, we drove along the scenic Indian Ocean Drive, and we went past the seaside towns of Cervantes, Jurien, Bay, Dongara, Port Denison and Greenough. We stopped at Cervantes and enjoyed the scenes of the Pinnacles Desert. After exploring the amazing rock formations in the desert, we took a swim in the sleepy town of Bay before moving on.



We arrived in Geraldton where we enjoyed a sumptuous dinner of fresh seafood and enjoyed the lively night scene before stopping over for the day.



GERALDTON TO CARNAVON

Our journey took off the following morning and we continued moving north to the colorful tropical town of Carnarvon . The town is a popular holiday destination and offers an endless supply of tropical fruits and fresh seafood. We could not resist the beckoning ripe juicy mangoes and bananas and as a result, we forgot we were on a road trip and headed to the Gascoyne Food Trail, amazing what hunger can do to a road trip!



We spent more time than we had planned in Carnarvon and we ended up visiting several farms sampling fresh produce and by the end of the day, we were stuck here! Anyway, we were refreshed and sampling delicious local products refueled us for the journey ahead.



CARNAVON TO EXMOUTH

The next morning we did not want to stare at the mangoes and other fruits, for fear of remaining in Carnarvon so we took off early and in a rush and headed to Exmouth. On the way, we stopped over at the spectacular blowholes where we watched water-spraying high from the ground due to pressure to several meters in the air. We headed north along the North West Coastal Highway and arrived at Exmouth welcomed by the beautiful Ningaloo Reef and its incredible array of unspoilt beaches. The reef is teeming with marine life, which makes it a great sport for snorkeling, swimming with whale sharks and even fishing.



EXMOUTH

We finally arrived at our destination in Exmouth and we were very excited the journey had been successful. We went to the Coral Bay, a snorkeler’s paradise with still waters and its plethora of colorful corals and marine life. The Coral Bay is a great place to relax after a road trip and enjoy swimming, dining we dined in fine restaurants overlooking the bay and the sunsets were unforgettable. We took a glass-bottomed boat trip to explore the breathtaking underwater paradise of Coral Bay.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb