OUR 3 FAVOURITE PLACES FROM VISITING NEW ZEALAND


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
March 2nd 2015
Published: March 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

New Zealand’s bewitching character comes from a combination of its wide, open spaces as well as modern conveniences, making it a very easy place to enjoy. With a small population occupying such a continental mass, it is easy to see why there are so many natural wonders to enjoy. It also helps that there is so much beach space and beautiful weather, who doesn’t like a good frolic on the beach? While there is so much on offer, here are the three we think you absolutely must try out.



WELLINGTON

Wellington is a beautiful coastal town that will absolutely excite any movie buff, historical tourists, and the foodies. It is very easy to get everyone to enjoy it here, whether young and old. For the cultural tourist, indulge in the Museum of Wellington City, Old St. Paul’s church, and the Te Papa Tongarewa museum. The Te Papa Tongarewa is filled with the cultural history of the local Maori, which makes for a very interesting tour. The Taongo Maori collection is particularly appealing.

For movie buffs, Wellington is a Mecca. The epic Lord of the Rings tour will have you excited, as you see where some of the most memorable scenes in this movie: from the charming Hobbit village, the Gardens of Isengard, to Rivendell, you get to see in person where all the action happened. The Weta Cave museum gives you more insight into how all this magic was put together.



THE MILFORD TRACK

The most popular nature trail in New Zealand fills up early and fast every year, and for good reason. Touted as the “finest walk in the world”, this nature trail showcases Mother Nature’s genius at its finest. There are so many mind blowing natural wonders to see, from amazing river line beauty to exciting forest landscape, and stoic mountain views, the things on display here will leave you itching for more. With 53.5kms of track to cover, enjoy it slowly over 4 days. Stay at the Clinton Hut, Mintaro Hut, and Dumpling Hut, all of which are 40 bunk facilities.



Remember to book early if you want to go, the slots are limited and scrambled for, with good reason. Also, schedule to go out of winter when the track is much friendlier to roam.



ANAWHATA BEACH

Anawhata beach is located in Waitekere, Auckland a place renowned for its beauty and black sand beaches. This general area has some jaw dropping beach scenery, but Anawhata takes the cream for its privacy and stunning views. If you value alone time and privacy (like we do!), Anawhata is the place for you. We hired one of these Spaceship campervans so we could get to these remote places of our own steam and would highly recommend it!

The alluring black beaches set the stage for other stunning sites, such as the Keyhole Rock and Parera Bay, gorgeous especially in the sunset. If you want to continuously enjoy the scenery from this delightful piece of earth, put up at Keddle House just nearby with views of the beach right from the house. There are also several tracks around the area where you can enjoy the surrounding nature away from the beach.

Advertisement



9th November 2015
milford track

Wow
This a beautiful photo of what NZ has to offer!

Tot: 0.415s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb