Maggie’s Camp – Warroora Station (Thursday 13th June – Wednesday 19th June)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
June 19th 2013
Published: June 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Now this is more like it, secluded campsite on the beach and protected turquoise waters to swim in. We race against the setting sun to set up camp and to go for a quick dip before night falls. Best of all we have a full week to explore and enjoy. Night one sees the rain fall and the cloud filled sky continue to drop rain for the entire next day, oh well, a quiet day in the van for us all!

We are so happy to wake to clear blue skies the next morning and the opportunity to explore this beautiful place. We luck in with a morning catch of squid straight off of the beach as a big school swim close to shore. The ocean seems to provide us with a mixed seafood banquet, each place we stay our catch is different.

We also enjoy anchoring the tinne out at the Ningaloo Reef and going for a snorkel to explore the amazing coral and sea life. We see so many fish, massive blue starfish, turtles, coloured coral and tiny vibrant blue fish hovering above their anemone all set to swim into and hide.

During a walk along
the beach so many turtles can be seen as well as reef sharks in the shallow herding up swarms of bait fish leaping out of the ocean in alarm.

Nightly camp fires are a highlight, keeping us warm and cosy after the sun has set and providing our evening entertainment as the flames dance in the breeze.

We really enjoy having a longer stay here and taking the time to go swimmings, snorkeling, body boarding and paddling the mal, sup and kayak. The days just seem to fly by so rapidly.

We spend an afternoon driving to explore the northern beaches of the park and after seeing the crowds at 14 Mile Camp, van upon van, upon van, we are so stoked that we certainly have the best spot!

Matt and James spend one morning digging out one very bogged car, so they can certainly say that they had done their good deed for the day!

This was certainly another fantastic location providing a plethora of activities for us all to enjoy. Sad to leave and yet exciting to look forward to the next set of adventures that are in store for us all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Our Homemade Fly DetractorOur Homemade Fly Detractor
Our Homemade Fly Detractor

What can we do with rope, wool and shells?



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb