CAPE LEVEQUE


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
July 9th 2009
Published: July 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The beach at MungetThe beach at MungetThe beach at Munget

This is an Aboriginal community on the Dampier Peninsula
We had been told by almost everyone we must go to Cape Leveque which is 300 kms north of Broome on the Dampier Peninsula. It is made up of a series of small Aboriginal communities and outstations. We stayed at two different campsites, one at Munget and the other at Kooljaman campgrounds. Phil and Robyn came with us as Ross and Alice had already been before.

Munget was amazing. A beautiful beach with red sand going right into the water. We strolled along the deserted beach collecting shells. Our feet were stained with the ochre from the sand, I can see why the Aboriginal people use this for their paintings. The glow at sunset was amazing everything appeared to be red, just stunning. As we slept in the back of our car we woke up to the most beautiful sunrise over the water, what a view from our bed!

We then moved on to Kooljaman which is at Cape Leveque. Another stunning place, turquoise water, white sand and red sandhills. A painter’s delight. The water was beautiful and once again we walked along deserted beaches collecting shells and just taking it all in.

From our bed early in the morning we could see the moon setting over the water, what a wonderful sight.

How lucky are we? Everywhere we go seems to be amazing, the North West coast of Australia certainly has a beauty all it’s own.





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

The view from our bedThe view from our bed
The view from our bed

The sun rising over the water


27th July 2009

sunsets
It certainly is the most beautiful place. Although I have not been myself, my daughter is presently working there and has posted some wonderful scenic photographs, especially of the sunsets. They are stunning. Raining here in Scotland I am afraid!!!!!!!!!I am so jealous.
28th July 2009

Hi nice to hear a comment from Scotland. Sorry about the weather over there.

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb