FAREWELL FROM BROOME


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
July 13th 2009
Published: July 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

STAIRCASE TO THE MOONSTAIRCASE TO THE MOONSTAIRCASE TO THE MOON

This photo doesn't do it justice unfortunately but it was AMAZING!
From March to October each year there is a natural phenomenon caused by the rising of a full moon reflecting off the exposed mudflats in Roebuck Bay, creating the illusion of a staircase reaching for the moon.

We, along with many other people, went to the Mangrove Hotel where some locals had told us was the best viewing spot. As the moon started to rise above the water they played the didgeridoo, it is the most spectacular natural event I have ever witnessed. Gave us all goose pimples.

Unfortunately the photo does not dot it justice - need a really good camera to get the full effects.

This was also the night we said goodbye to Robyn and Phil as they were leaving Broome the next day. We have seen some wonderful sights together like the Horizontal Waterfalls and Cape Leveque. They are lovely people and we hope to catch up with them shortly for Ross' birthday.

Sadly it was also time for us to leave Broome but not before one last sunset and one last swim on the most beautiful beach. We have loved it here the weather for winter is perfect think we will be back some time for a bit longer than 2 weeks.

After leaving Broome we caugh up with Ross, Alice, Robyn and Phil one last time for Ross' birthday. Had a great night probably kept everyone in the free camp up all night with the noise we made and way too many drinks (especially Lee and Alice!), but a good time was had by all. Hopefully catch up with them again in Cairns in a few weeks time.

Now heading off East with many kilometers to drive.






Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Lee and Alice sharing a scotch!!!Lee and Alice sharing a scotch!!!
Lee and Alice sharing a scotch!!!

I think they shared too much! The next day I had to drive all day as Lee was too sick!!!


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb