Judd's joint @ Mukinbudin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
April 18th 2009
Published: April 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tash at GoomallingTash at GoomallingTash at Goomalling

One for you Brooksy!
Headed way out east to see our mate Judd who we met @ Mt Snow in 05/06. Mukka is definitely right on the edge of the wheat belt. Lots and lots of sheep and wheat out there though. Went via Goomalling to check out the town where one of Tash's room mates, from London, Brooksy Brooksi>, grew up.

Judd and his brother (Dane) are running the farm and it's a big set up. Got 40 000ac of country with around 32 000ac in farming and planting around 6000ha this year. Big tractors and wide open spaces sums the place up. Had a crack at the seed truck which has got a road ranger gear box in it..... tough work trying to get the double clutching thing down.

On Thursday night we went into Bullfinch (40km east ) for a few beers and a feed with the cook Hannah, backpacker from Scotland, and Danes girlfriend Abbey. Got to meet the locals and shot a few balls over the pool table. Cause there's no cops out there to bust you from drink driving, the rule is you got to drive home below 80ks an hr!! Different rules apply out there!
Tash
Tash and JuddyTash and JuddyTash and Juddy

Having a few at Bullfinch
got into the Poi (fire twirling) after the pub and of course everyone wanted to have a go after too many beers. Hannah was going well, but when she had to initiate "stop-drop-and-roll" Tash had to give some lessons minus the fire element.

So next day (Good Friday), needless to say was a tough journey across to Kalbarri.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Quad TrackQuad Track
Quad Track

Big rigs
Hannah all smiles.Hannah all smiles.
Hannah all smiles.

Honestly looks a little freaky to me.


Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb