Shark Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Shark Bay
April 20th 2009
Published: May 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

StromatolitesStromatolitesStromatolites

Crazy little million old creatures of the earth .
Shark Bay , Denham what a drive !! We stopped off along the way to investigate the stromatolites. What is this business they talk of, with this funny growing rock thats ALIVE . . . was very interesting. You could see the tracks from the old carts they used when carting wheat and sheep to the ships over this growing rock.
Then we stopped off at Shell Beach. This place is fantastic. The sound of crunching shells a zillion of em under your feet as you walk towards pristine water. Then scene is B E A utiful. Alex you wouldn't enjoy this beach, if you can't handle crunchy sand this is a no go for you, and for people not wearing thongs . . can be a bit tricky! This is also the place where throwing rocks at the tin toilet block while someone is in there can cause a mild heart attack. Very childish sandy - no one likes wet ankles!

On we went, as we got closer to the coast of Denham the beautiful stretch on the road is picturesque !! Got closer to Shark bay and realised 'its a windy place' from the howling wind outside the
Sandy @ Shell beachSandy @ Shell beachSandy @ Shell beach

The incy wincy little shells cover the banks for miles. Water rolling up on the banks makes the sound of milk on rice bubbles
car. We pitched our tent in record time next to the pool in the caravan park and got stuck into the Goon. Good times !

Had a day to hang in Shark bay - serious episode of bed lice/bugs/fleas or something of the sort assandy and i had bites all over !! Lots of washing , and cleaning house or tent !! We then treated ourselves to an afternoon at the Shark Bay speedway !! Nuts, is all i can say, they have drivers as young as 10 and as old 50 something, so much fun to watch the kids go nuts in these 4 speeds and the oldies with the V6 hammering round the track. Awesome awesome, and the beer is cheap.

The next day we headed to monkey mia !! YEOWWW


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Tash @ Shark Bay SpeedwayTash @ Shark Bay Speedway
Tash @ Shark Bay Speedway

Few beers, few cars, few laps round the track.
Wind turbineWind turbine
Wind turbine

Shark bay only has 3 or 4 of these wind turbines to power some of the area.


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb