Canarvon to Exmouth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
March 22nd 2007
Published: March 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sorry to do two updates in one go but we have just got to a place with good cheap Internet!

So we left Shark Bay, after seeing the Dolphins we headed out of town stopped in Denham for a while (where we tried to upload last entry) and then a really good ocean park run by a few blokes who basically fish in local area and keep local fish to show people... everything is really close and got to see sharks being fed etc and could touch a sea snake but did not fancy that as it has a bite which will kill you in 10 mins.. An anti venom needs to be taken within 5 mins... there was no anti venom at the place! Saying that they are very placid snake and no one has died from a bite as they can choose not to use venom, which is what they normally do with humans as they see as a waste of venom...little bit of knowledge for you!

After stopping there we headed for Carnarvon (5 hour drive) we stopped there for the night and saw the local banana plantations and a mile long jetty.... then headed for Exmouth (5 hour drive). We stopped in at Coral Bay on the way, which was really beautiful amazing blue sea...we then headed on for Exmouth. We got there early eve so just sorted Elton out and had early night after couple of driving days. Today we were planning to go in a glass bottom boat to see the Ningaloo reef but due to being out of season and there are strong winds we are unable to... in the right season the reef looks amazing you can swim with whale sharks etc and see turtles nesting! We instead drove from Exmouth up and round the ningaloo national park.. place is amazing the sea is crystal clear bright blue and you can do some amazing snorkelling (on beaches that say you can...a lot of rips and other nasty sea stuff). We drove round to a place called Yardie Creek which was really nice... on way a couple of eagles literally landed next to us, amazing birds huge wing span! We also stopped at various beaches and swam... stopped at a visitor centre just to see them getting rid of a snake...

We are just chilling out this afternoon doing some more swimming etc before a big drive tomorrow...not sure where to yet but hoping to get to Broome in next couple of days as the bit to there is called cyclone belt and it is cyclone season but they have cleared it for next 4 days!

Sorry this is a bit rushed but hot and want to swim!

Hope everyone is well... we still have no phone reception but hopefully in a few days we will be able to call people!

Chris and Mel

xx



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb