Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
March 2nd 2024
Published: March 2nd 2024
Edit Blog Post

Last night we had a quiet night having a snack in the bar at the hotel and then watching the World Indoors Athletics Championships on TV.
Today I had booked for us to do a lunch cruise on the Swan River to Freo and back. We woke early and watched the cricket for the first session and a half. Then we set out to walk the short distance to the Ferry Terminal. Once there we had coffee and cake for breakfast and then joined the queue to board the ferry. They advised to arrive 30 minutes before departure time which was 11-15. We did this and then waited in the queue for 20 minutes before we boarded. What a waste of time!!
Once on board we were assigned a table, near the lunch buffet, but not near a window and discovered that the complimentary drinks were limited to one each, not the implication in the information on the website. However we were soon heading out into the river and passing the old Swan Brewery which has now been converted into apartments and restaurants.
The voyage to Fremantle was smooth and interesting. There were many kite surfers on the river enjoying the windy conditions and we saw the many million dollar mansions on the waterfront. Just before we arrived in Fremantle the lunch buffet was open and we were the first to partake as we were seated the closest. The food was fine and we could take what we wanted.We had had our one complimentary wine but bought another bottle to accompany the meal. As we motored into Freo we checked the passenger terminal but our ship had not yet arrived.
The return journey was pleasant but uneventful and then we walked the short distance back to our hotel. We decided to have a G and T in the bar and I discovered I could cast my Canberra Classic input from 7+ from my phone app onto the large TV in the bar. I had the OK from the barman to do it so we sat and watched the Aths there.
We have now retreated to our room where we are resting and contemplating the evening. We are looking forward to tomorrow when the real journey will begin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb