Go North - 21st May


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
May 21st 2023
Published: May 21st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 21st May

After all the exercise yesterday, we are having a quiet day today. I was up in the middle of the night taking cold remedy as I seem to have picked up a summer cold, I am hoping it is my hay fever playing up after all the wind out at the Skywalk yesterday, time will tell.

Coffee sitting out on the foreshore was cut short, with a very strong wind blowing across the ocean straight on shore, headed back to the car and watched the world go by whilst we drank our coffee.

We headed off in the car for a cruise around the houses been built around the town and see what it is all like. Called at a number of amazing lookout points along the way and got some spectacular shots from above the town. The building and development look to have slowed although the town is spreading out into the surrounding hills. We were speaking with the couple from Bullsbrook at our campsite, they had done the same thing as us today, and they seriously wondered if they could live here. They were put off in that the number of people here goes from the normal 1,500 permanent residents to over seven thousand people during high season, it would be a nightmare, glad we came at low season time.

As we are at a fishing port, we decided to give the local fish and chip shop a go for tea. Headed down to the foreshore with our food and drinks to watch the sun set and play with my camera. I had a piece of grilled Mackerel and it was very tasty, complete with mushy peas I reckon they must get a lot pf pommies here !!!

Sunset was a blaze of colour and I enjoyed playing with my camera and getting some worthwhile shots.

Heading off to Dongara tomorrow have enjoyed our short stay here but ready to move on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0844s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb