Munglinup to Kalgoorlie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
September 22nd 2019
Published: September 22nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Munglinup to Kalgoorlie



On our drive heading east, we stopped at Esperance Caravan Park where we could do a big grocery shop, wash some clothes and fuel up before heading to Cape Le Grand National Park.
In the national park we camped at Lucky Bay. The beaches here are beautiful, and we came across some kangaroos who forage around the beach and campsite coming very close to us to see if we would feed them. One even had a joey in her pouch!
Not far from Lucky Bay we did a few day trips to Hellfire Bay- definitely our favourite beach for the trip (if only the water was warmer!). The sand here is soft and white, kind of like walking on cooking flour, and there is a distinct squeak it makes when you walk on it just like at Whitehaven Beach in QLD.
With several days of rain and lots of wind, we spent a lot of time in the caravan playing cards, reading, dancing, building Lego and playing Jenga.
We started driving north again, overnighting at Lake Cowan Rest Area on our drive to Kalgoorlie.
The self guided tour of Hannans North Mine was good, with a big haul truck and wheel loader the girls climbed up into. We watched a gold pour demonstration and then had a little luck gold panning for a few tiny specks of gold about the size of a comma.
KCGM superpit was massive and we watched the open cut mine from the lookout as a blast was detonated deep in the pit and workers mined for gold.
Tonight we are camped at Kalgoorlie-Boulder 24hour Rest Area (Centennial Park).
I'm sure next time we are in the Victorian goldfields the girls will want to do more goldpanning!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb