Wellington National Park to Munglinup


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
September 15th 2019
Published: September 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Wellington National Park to Munglinup



Busselton was our first destination for the week, so we set off to Busselton Jetty which is 1841m long, the longest wooden piled jetty in the Southern Hemisphere. While walking the Jetty we saw a large school of fish, manta ray and 3 dolphins!
We enjoyed an ice cream before heading to Peaceful Park where we camped on a private property for two nights.
Being so close to Margaret River we have been able to explore the wineries and breweries, visiting Cheeky Monkey Brewery, Margaret River Dairy Company, Grove Distillery, Providore and Margaret River Chocolate Company where we shared a delicious chocolate fondue.
We spent a further two nights camped at Margaret River Tourist Park, and while it has been raining a lot, we still managed to visit Brown Hill Estate and Colonial Brewery where we had a great time playing cornhole.
Further south we stopped in at Hamelin Bay but were unable to see any rays surfing at the oceans edge due to the rain and big waves.
Further on, Jewel cave was enormous with a great display of stalacmites and stalactites, as the calcite has formed.
Isabelle and Lucy climbed Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse with Sheree-it is the tallest Lighthouse in Western Australia, rising 56m above sea level. As we looked out from the top of the lighthouse we could see where the Southern and Indian oceans meet.
Gloucester Tree was our last adventure for the day as we had turned the western corner of Australia and started driving east. The Gloucester Tree stands 53m high, and Lucy climbed the entire way with Lachie, while Isabelle made it up 15m and decided it was much safer on the ground (Sheree totally agreed).
Crowea Rest Area was our last stop for the day, and everyone rested their legs for the night before heading towards Walpole-Nornalup National Park.
After a good nights sleep we completed the Valley of The Giants Treetop walk amongst the Tingle Trees which are a giant Eucalypt tree over 400 years old and heights of around 70m.
We decided not to bother stopping at Greens Pool due to bad weather, so continued on through Albany and found our free camp at Green Range Rest Area.
With another day of wet weather we took our time to arrive in Munglinup where we will free camp for the night before we stock up in Esperance tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.368s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1109s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb