Kalgoorlie to Barossa Valley


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
September 29th 2019
Published: September 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Kalgoorlie to Barossa Valley



In Kalgoorlie we visited Museum of the Goldfields before driving to Harms Lake Rest Area where we camped for the night.
Another long day of driving in the car and we stopped at a rest area north side after Mundrabilla. The sunset was sensational with beautiful pink and purple hues.
We crossed the Western Australia - South Australia border and drove along the Great Australian Bight and Nullarbor, camping at Cohen Rest Area for the night.
Smoky Bay was a little town we ventured into and bought a dozen oysters for Lachie, and then continued south to Perlubie Beach where we stayed for two nights.
The beach was lovely, and we managed to get a little shack to camp next to. The ocean was shallow for a fair way out, so at low tide we were able to explore the sand flats and discovered a sand crab! We had a great time playing Frisbee at sunset dodging the small pools of water in the shallows.
For AFL Grand Final day we drove to Kimba and spent some time at the local pub before checking out the Big Galah and silo art, camping at Port Augusta Free Camp as the game was not worth staying to watch.
One more big day of driving and we made our way to Barossa Valley where we will stay at RedHeads Winery thanks to the manager Alex (who we went to uni with).
What a fantastic spot to spend a few days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.675s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 13; qc: 63; dbt: 0.3735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb