Barossa Valley to Albury


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
October 6th 2019
Published: October 8th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Barossa Valley to Albury



We have spent three nights at Red Heads Vineyard, exploring the Barossa Valley. The kids loved Barossa Valley Chocolate Company and Maggie Beer's farm, while Lachie and I enjoyed Seppeltsfield winery.
Hahndorf Inn was full of delicious German beer, and not far away we made it to the big rocking horse in Gumeracha. Next to the rocking horse there is a park retreat for wildlife, and the girls really liked feeding the animals.
We spent our last night in the region at Alex's house in Gawler with good food and company catching up with our friend from uni.
Our biggest day of driving yet, we travelled from Gawler to Melbourne where we camped not far from the caravan factories in Campbellfield. We spent the morning checking out caravan manufacturers as we are thinking of upgrading, and then made our way to Grandma and Grandpa's farm 'Canawindra' near Jerilderie.
Here we spent two nights, and the girls loved playing dress ups as well as giving our dog Holly lots of love and cuddles after her holiday in Deniliquin with Joan and Greg.
On our final day of driving we made the short trip from the farm back to Albury where we have all loved being back in our own beds. The house feels massive compared with the caravan. It is good to be home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb