D1: On The Road Again


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
August 2nd 2018
Published: August 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Burracoppin to Balladonia


Day 1 Burra to Balla

Put yesterday in the rear view mirror - today’s a new day. Breakfast on the farm, then our 2 vehicle convey said goodbye to Burra. A relatively uneventful trip today. Lunch and fuel-up in Norseman. Made good time and got to Balladonia just after 3pm. This was good as it gave us the time we needed to do all the unpacking and setting up we had planned to do yesterday. Chris & Norelle of course could start holiday drinks early as their van was ready to go. Tonight's camp dinner was beef stroganoff, courtesy of Norelle. First night out with the camper trailer provided the opportunity to fiddle with all the gadgets it had, including a bluetooth soundbar. Seems Chris' ipod was the only music source we had that wanted to connect - big mistake! :-). We then wandered over to the Pub to warm up a bit. The Pub/Restaurant was surprisingly nice for an Eyre Hwy roadhouse. They had a great fire burning and a dart board just waiting to be used. Norelle through down the gauntlet and the Great Cape "Round the World" Darts Championship (GCRtWDC) was born. The boys took a an early lead leaving the girls languishing back on 3 by the time they were at 20. And then the big choke began! The boys managed to snatch defeat from victory as the girls steadily pegged back the lead and ultimately recorded a world record comeback to win. The crowd of one (Simmo - from Kalgoorlie who seemed to know a heap of people we all knew from Merredin) witnessed a rare spectacle indeed.



LOTD

- Chris' iPod has some crap music on it

- It’s a small world

- It’s f#@%ing cold....

- There stars out here are great



GCRtWDC - Girls-1 Boys-0


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb