D0: Like a bat of hell.....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Bunbury » Bunbury
August 1st 2018
Published: August 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 0: Bunbury to Burracoppin (via Perth)


Day 0: Bunno to Burra.

Well we’re finally off! Starting our trek to a spot on the map, which as the crow flies, is just about the furthest point-point path on continental Australia you can do - SW WA to NW QLD. First stop, the thriving metropolis of Burracoppin, to pick up friends Chris & Norelle (hereinafter referred to as C&N) who will be making the trip with us. The day started out as it would continue all day, nothing really went to schedule. The plan was to get away to Perth in the morning, pick up our off-road camper hired from West Coast Campers around midday, then make our way to Burra, hopefully arriving some time around 4pm. Well..... we got away a bit later than expected, ran into ice cold winds, rain and hail in Perth, spent a tad longer picking up the camper, loaded up (in the rain!) some extra gear which we had stored at Elle’s place, then finally made our way to Chris & Norrelle's farm, arriving at about 8.30pm. - and it’s is still bloody freezing.....

Hope the rest of the trip goes better than today!

Learnings of the day (LOTD)

- Best laid plans and all that.

- I may not have packed enough warm clothes (thought we were going to tropical Nth Qld!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb