The next bit (for want of a better title)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
July 10th 2006
Published: July 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

5/7/06 Another beautiful sunny day and a chance to explore Kalamunda properly. Had lunch in Stirk Park reminding us of the carols we heard there in Dec 2000. Went into ANZ and changed our bank account so we didn’t accrue bank charges and looked round an old railway carriage, too late to visit Historic Village. Drove up to Gooseberry Hill and admired the wonderful views over Perth. Claire stayed for dinner again and watched a bit of Wimbledon.

6/7/06 Bim's day at work. Up early to find the hospital Bim was visiting for some rehab! Found it ok so popped out for a coffee to start the day. Went to Perth’s outlet village for a good wander and sampled a Subway for lunch, great will try one in the UK now. Drove up to Kings Park for a leisurely wander and the new tree top walk. Stopped for a coffee before stopping at the South Bank to watch the world go by. Drove up to pick up Bim who was just about to text us he was ready, had a good day, picking up some useful info to take home. Very impressed with Perth Hospital facillity which puts our set-up to shame in Wiltshire. Gemma phoned wedding tomorrow.

7/7/06 Went to Woodbridge with Jim an early settlers house for a guided tour. Out to cafe next door by the river lovely. Back to wander round the shops at Guildford, found an enormous second-hand book shop which Bim and Jim found amazing, would have stayed all day. Drove up the road to Bassindean and Bim recognized Matt’s house this time!”(no 13!) Had a coffee and trundled home. Changed and headed for Northbridge the clubbing area of Perth. Went to a food hall for dinner and into Mustang Bar to watch some dancers jiving the night away. Stopped for a coffee and headed home before any of the "trouble" started.

8/7/06 Drove down to Mandurah this morning found Simmo's ice-cream and couldn't resist of course. Wandered round the indoor market before our hour boat cruise, amazing. Lots of dolphins preformed for us as we meandered around the manmade canals looking at how the other half lives or for most holiday. Mandurah now the 2nd fastest growing city in the world! Had a small lunch as out tonight and drove home before heading out to the Elizabethan Village pub for dinner with Brain and Brenda. English pub food, very nice. Rained a bit on way to Brian and Brenda’s for coffee so no 'roos to watch unfortunately. Excellent view of the city from their upstairs balcony though.

9/7/06 Went to Runway Cafe for late breakfast with Liam and Sarah, with views over the runway. Back home for the men to nap while Karen and I took Rover for a long walk. Headed across town to meet up with Jo Black (Cherie’s friend) to go to an Irish Pub for dinner. Good food but a bit noisy so headed back to Jo's for cheesecake and a good natter. Came back early as Jim and Karen have work tomorrow. Watched 1st set of Wimbledon final Federer v Nedal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb