Moving onto Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Geelong
July 31st 2006
Published: July 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

10/7/06
Up to the sun again and began packing, left for airport about 3-30pm Claire and Rob couldn’t get parked so didn’t see them. Visitors allowed in departure lounge so Karen came through. Saw plane come in unload and off we went. Landed in Melbourne an hour early and very windy and temperature lower than Perth, yuk! John and Mary drove us back to their place ½ hour or so and had a cuppa and long chat.
11/7/06
In Geelong (Victoria State) went for a long drive on Great Ocean road all the way to Lorne. Rained a little and a bit cold. Lots of views over the ocean had a coffee and cake and a wander round the shops. Went in op shop (charity) for a look. Drove back partly through forest, saw some kangaroos in a field with some cows, drove back through Geelong after seeing sign for Colac (neighbours). Text from Lisa and Sara home around 6pm. Mary cooked delicious chicken in white wine in cream sauce and homemade carrot cake. Sat and chatted until 11.30pm.
12/7/06
Up earlier and off to Melbourne stopped at St Kilda for coffee and cake plus a wander round the shops and beach. Up to Ramsey Street well PinOak. Couldn’t walk down the road as they were filming, saw Skully’s and Kennedy’s house and some filming apparently all new characters. Their was a young guy walking along plus a black BMW went slowly by with two older guys in it. Look for it in around 18 months and watch every day until then in case I miss it. Back in city centre and John dropped us off at jail to look round. Had a good look and there until 5-00pm until it was getting dark and spooky! Walked round city centre and took free tram ride, lots of lovely buildings - new and old, lights and different attractions including fire show every hour. Went into a food hall and had a wonderful meal, just help yourself and keep going, came out bloated, all for $16.90! Another walk around and saw the flame throwing monuments home around 11.30pm.
13/7/06
Had a lay in and then into Geelong for a wander round the shops plus a coffee. Walked down by the beach really clean and tidy free outdoor swimming pool. Drove into the country for a bit and went for a walk and then picked up fish and chips for late lunch early tea. Packed and ready to go for 6.00pm. Arrived at Tullamarine in good time and checked in as soon as we found the desk. Through departures for 7.30pm. Plane was delayed so we didn’t leave until 10.10pm. Arrived in Darwin 2.00am, Lisa and Feeg waiting after quickly through. Picked up bags and got to bed by 3-00am.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb