Buses, Trains and Fish and Chips in The Rain


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
July 31st 2006
Published: November 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Open-top Bus TourOpen-top Bus TourOpen-top Bus Tour

The Perth open-top bus tour
I started the day by trying to get some dawn photos of the city. I set-off early Kings Park and I was very pleased with the results.

On the first full day we decided to go on the open-top bus tour round the city. This was an excellent tour up until it started to rain and we had to make a quick dash for the covered part of the bus before we got too wet. This took us all round the city and all the main sights were pointed out to us. It was pointed out to us that there was the free ‘Cat’ bus that loops round the city - but it was unlikely that we would see as much and it would not have been as much fun.

For the afternoon of that same day we got the train to the nearby port of Fremantle. Here, we did take advantage of the free ‘Cat’ bus. One thing that Jake and Freya spotted on the route map was the chocolate factory and the quickly persuaded us to stop there. The factory piece was not very active and it was mainly just a shop. Some Rocky Road chocolate was called for, which seems to be very popular in Australia but is non-existent in the UK.

We walked back to the main part of town and had a look round. Unfortunately it was getting late in the day by that point and most things were closed, including the Fremantle Prison, which looked worth checking out. Apparently the tradition in Fremantle is to have fish and chips on the seafront and we were all too happy to follow that tradition.

Our son and daughter took great interest in the fact that the water goes the other way round when draining through the plughole. It called for an evening’s worth of experiments.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Perth at SunrisePerth at Sunrise
Perth at Sunrise

Sunrise over the city viewed from Kings Park


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb