Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
May 4th 2008
Published: June 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Perth



Perth was a great laugh! We arrived very late in the evening so Johnny was very kind and said we could all crash at his house so we all watched a wicked Aussie movie and of film for diving with Whale Sharks...awesome! The following day we headed to a backpackers us girls getting a room to ourselves...nice! Alysha and I set out to hit the shops to get suited and booted for our interviews (we planned to stay and work for 6 weeks). Perth center is buzzing and has some great shops. The interview went well with the recruitment agencies and we were on a high. We had coffee at one of the many little cafes lining the high street and then continued on to the bar where we were to meet everyone for dinner. Starting off on the champagne we got in the mood for a great night and had the chance t reflect on our trip. We had reached our end destination and were both satisfied and yet sad it had to end.

We had a great night, Alysha met a friend from the UK who has moved over here with her family, I met the Irish lads from the tour and were all hit the beers and took to the dance floor.

The next few days we filled with outings to Frimantle, a beautiful town which reminded me of Brighton, lots of little lanes and charm. The beach is lovely and we watched a romantic sunset by the lighthouse as someone played the guitar. A group of us spent a day playing Quazar and arcade games then went for dinner at The Little Creatures Brewery. Their beer is the best and has stolen the number one spot off of Blue Tongue Beer!

After no call for the agency we were getting a little worried we wouldn't get any work, but were enjoyin our time to explore and have fun. Jerry and Timmy invited us to stay at "The Shed"...it is a huge warehouse style shed. It was hilarious, a bedroom, kitchen and living area plus a bathroom with a pool table and punching bag we could have a laugh with. The only problem was that it was miles from anywhere so bikes were need to get to the shops or train station. Mine was a rickety old thing that squeaked and clanked, especially up the huge hill. I hated riding at night though as there were no street lamps, plus I hate the dark as it is! Eeek!


After some time to relax in the sun and some good home cooked meals, Aly and I decided to head back to Sydney and spend the last of our time with family and friends there. Aly had the best time meeting friends she had made through work and hanging out with Ami and her family. We all went to the cinema the evening before our flight and I think we both realised how much we missed home and our own family!

xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

DSCF7475DSCF7475
DSCF7475

Jerry teaching Alysha the Irish game of hurling


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb