Symphony Orchestra at the Opera House


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Opera House
May 17th 2008
Published: June 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

In love with Sydney once more...



I love being back in Sydney and catching up with all of my friends and family. It feels like home and I’ll be very sad to leave :-( I have a packed two weeks and had the best weekend. I went for coffee in a funky place called Glebe. Glebe is very cool, lots of boutique shops, bars and bookshops. They had a market on so after a wander we headed to the Rocks which is right by Harbour Bridge to walk along the lanes as the sun set. Looking out to the Opera House I sighed and wished I could go to a show one more time...my dream came true as my friend picked up the phone as if by magic and booked us tickets to see the Symphony Orchestra! After a drink at the Opera Bar...one of my favourite spots along the water as it always has a buzzing atmosphere, we entered the Opera House and picked up a glass of champagne as we walked along to get the best view of the Harbour Bridge lighting up the black sky. I kept laughing as everyone was done up to the nines and were looked like we had come from the beach in our thongs and jeans! Ha! After listening to a mini lecture about the concert and the history of Argentina we took our seats and waited in anticipation for the conductor to enter. Every piece this huge band played was amazing, it was a Tango theme and we got great seats right behind the orchestra (usually were a choir would sit) so we had the perfect view of the conductor. He was fantastic, arms flying everywhere, his facial expressions were hilarious and the music was beautiful. At one point individuals were allowed to improvise, the audience clapped along and were literally on the edge of their seats as the drummer went into his own world and rocked the concert hall. Nobody wanted it to end and everyone was singing thier praises as we left including us.

Buzzing with excitement we danced down the street back to the Rocks and went into a bar hearing a live band perform. Grabbing a beer we squeezed to the front and joined the groupies singing out load all evening...a great contrast to the Concert!

I had the best day and fell in love with Sydney all over again...so if anyone asks you out for coffee, go, you never know where you may end up!

xxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb