Pemberton and Big Brook


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Pemberton
October 21st 2011
Published: October 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Pemberton is a country town set amongs forests and fertile farm land.

Tourism is a key part of the towns economy and offers all the usual facilities including a very informative visitor centre. The Pemberton Tram is a famous ride through the forests over an old logging track. An impressive steam loco is there also but looks to be under repair at the moment.

Now for the good stuff. If you go to Pemberton - It is obligatory to go to the Lavender and berry farm. Rob had a blueberry pancake (small) and coffee, and Margaret had a lavender scone with jam and cream with her coffee. The pancake was a real dream and the scone was very nice - Marg bought another to take away.

We camped in the Big Brook National Park under tall trees. When we say tall trees we mean really tall trees! See how small the motorhome looks under the trees. Sorry the top of the tree is cut off in the photo.

It is good also to visit the Beadleup National park and falls. A very pleasant valley of trees and the best picnic areas we have seen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



4th January 2012

Big Brook
Great Blog, I will continue reading new articles you post here in the future. ---------------- ENJOY HAHNDORF & THE BAROSSA VALLEY (E23) : $65.00pp

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb