Margaret River and Cowaramup


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Cowaramup
October 20th 2011
Published: October 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Margaret River and the Cowaramup region have developed into a classy botique wine growing area and tourist mecca.

We stayed at the Gracetown Caravan Park where Lara and family keep an ol;d style camp amongst the trees camp of yesteryear very clean, tidy and welcoming.

We chose the Bush Tucker wine tour, ariving home quite sober and having enjoyed a really fun day. We were given smoked crockodile to taste at lunch - watch out crocs because this out classes the best smoked ham!

We had lunch at the Knotting Hill winery - there is a photo of thir dam and cellar door - very pretty and well developed.

You are bound to say 'You have a coffee' at some stage - go to the Yahava Coffee Works south of Margaret River - great coffee, yummy Raspberry & Pear bread. Price was reasonable, and the grounds great.

The town is well spruced up and colourful and the visitors centre is one of the best we have seen. I'm not surprised that people like Margaret River and Cowaramup as a holiday spot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



23rd October 2011

Here to be enjoyed
Hi. Glad you loved your time in Margaret River. It rely is such a great place with something for everyone. No crocodiles here though, only the smoked ones ;)

Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 26; qc: 171; dbt: 0.2204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb