On our way again!


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Week 4

Subiaco to Prevelly.

Mayoral WelcomeMayoral WelcomeMayoral Welcome

Her Honourable Worship Mrs Heather Henderson and Rodger in her Chambers.
It is the 4th May already and we have been on the road for just over 4 weeks. Every minute has been wonderful, except we do miss everyone, except Brent, as he just spent 4 days with us in Perth. Guess that makes him temporarily Son number One.... lol. With sad hearts w left Heather and Dougal today. We have enjoyed every minute of our time with them and in Perth area. We loved it. This evening we have booked into a caravan park at Prevelly just 5 minutes coastal from Margaret River. The trip down South was uneventful but beautiful. Wonderful country and very green. We passed many cattle and sheep properties before we reach the vineyards of the Margaret River Region. Heather advised us not to stay in Margaret River, but to go coastal to Prevelly as it is much prettier and we are so glad she did. It is beautiful. This is where they hold the Margaret River Surfing Championships. Tomorrow we will take some photos and hopefully they will be uploaded to the site.
After we set up our site, we went wine tasting and bought a couple of bottles of lovely local wines. The owner of our caravan park is actually the owner of the small boutique winery that we bought the wine from, so we got 10% discount for staying in his park. We are not sure how long we will be here, probably 2 or 3 nights. Well it is 5.30pm here and my wine glass is empty, so I better be off for a refill and consider thinking about dinner soon. But no rush, we are retired, so sleep when we are tired, eat when we are hungry, wash when we are dirty ............. hehehe. Luv to all Di and Rodger.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Rodger and Douga;lRodger and Douga;l
Rodger and Douga;l

Dougal reads faster then Rodger.
Heather in a mess.Heather in a mess.
Heather in a mess.

Trying to make a pompom for Knox.
Heather needs helpHeather needs help
Heather needs help

Rodger to the rescue/
Mayoral speakMayoral speak
Mayoral speak

Heather at Anzac Service
Di for MayorDi for Mayor
Di for Mayor

Or maybe not - lol.


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb