The Start of Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Mandurah
January 17th 2008
Published: February 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Finally we arrived, late, tired and wet to a huge hug and over excited auntie who had been waiting for an hour in arrivals. The drive back seemed to go on forever because we were soo tired. Having landed at half three in the morningwe didn't make it to a bed until nearly six!

Waking up the next morning was hard work and so we stayed in it for as long as we could until we were wrenched from it with the promise of the beach and a great sunset into the Indian ocean. It was most impressive. What was even more so was the T-bone steak i consumed later (Thanks John).

The following day saw us trip (early) into Mandurah, the temperature soured as we got outside, majorly hot. For this reason we headed to the beach before lunch, the deep blue went onand on and on!

Freemantle was a quaint town, we stayed there a night to get the full flavour of the nightlife and instead got our first experience of the Aussie portions which are considerably more than any Malay dish!!!

We found ourselves again in Prison, a nightclub that said Members Only above the door, so i asked bouncers where was best to go out in the town as the queues were a joke to see the Vandals. It was only after a group walked straght in that i realised he was annoyed we didnt want to go to his club and we promptly got ID'd!!!!

Next stop was Perth. Another night another hostel!

Perth was great, having had a night out with Becci's mate we got up to goto the cricket (international TV superstars we are!! Haha!! I liked the cricket and so did Becs which was fun to see! This was mostly helped by the alcohol and the bright sunshine, always the case!! A really good afternoon which we hope to repeat!

What was irritating here was having to go back into Perth for three days in a row to book NT destinations!!

We finally got to chill on our last day before we moved on!

Huge thanks to Barbara & John for putting up with us for the week we had a great time!

Love Us xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb