The Outback!!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
January 23rd 2008
Published: February 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We thought it was hot in Perth!! Average temperature out here 41 degrees C!!!!

The red centre was definately that! The teminal proved that there is no need for huge airports!! We picked our luggage up off the tarmac!

We stayed in the one and only Uluru resort where we would pick up The Rock Tour!!! and paid the price for an exclusive market. It was slightly our own fault, three bottles of wine worth! Hehe!

The following day we met up with the tour which had driven since six am for six hours to meet us, kind of them!!

We then went out to see The Rock with our tour publican Nathan. Ayres Rock was awsome to see up close just how huge it was.

Each day of the tour had its rewards, in the shape of a pool, good meal and beer!!!

Having watched the sunset over Uluru we made camp under the stars of the Outback.

Our only issue was the even earlier mornings than we had experienced in Perth. 5 am to enable us to complete treks before the red centre became a burning inferno.

Following sunrise at the rock we travelled across state to Kata Tjuta for our next trek. This a cool 10 km. Very hot very tiring but worth it when you had those beautiful things waiting for you again.... pool, good meal and beer!!!

A great night of beer and conversation followed before another early rising to tackle Kings Canyon this a more challenging 12 km!!

I took a dip in the pool midway through the walk in the Garden of Eden, Becs didn't like the colour of the water, it was a greeny black!!

We then drove to our final destination Alice Springs for the best night in the outback for a pom, AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
What a night....ouch!





Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 16; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb