Sling It Back....


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
January 16th 2008
Published: January 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Firstly, we went to Kuala Lumpur (They abbreviate everything in this place!) So KL....

After an overnight train, that was a good few hours late, we finally made it to our hostel. Hostel Cosmopolitan, doesnt sound quite so fany with 'hostel' stuck in ther, but it was nice enough. Adam liked it alot as they offered six pieces of bread for breakfast.
I found a Topshop, which is pretty impressive on the other side of the world! But there was also a Marks and Spencer and most British High Street shops!!!

It was very much a business city, but still kinda cool. We went up the Petronas Towers, which was cool, until it started to thunder and lightning, that was kind of scary. but apparently the safest place to be! so i shut up!

Again we got on an overnight train, on which, someone STOLE my bed!!!! we had paid extra for bottom bunks (they were bigger!) and their family had booked out the rest of the carriage. But anyway, she had already laid out all the contents of her bag on my bed, so when i got there, in what eniglish she spoke, said im old, i cant climb up! So why did she book a top bunk i ask!?!?! Our 2 beds were the 2 remaining in the carriage when we booked! anyway, we got over it, i just almost fell out of the top bunk a couple of times! The seatbelts from the ceiling kept me in though! So all was good.

We also had a brief stop in Singapore which is kind of Hong Kong like, very British but maybe more of a US influence. Would have been amazing for shopping if we had anywhere to put the shopping!!!
We went to Raffles for a Singapore Sling n got carried away n had more (expensive) drinks = S they were very nice though!
We went to a vegetarian restaurant afterwards n had a very nice meal for about 2 pound! only for them to turn the lights off n kick us out because they were closing!! haha.

The torrential rain for about 3 hours a day kind of restricted us, but there was Starbucks, so we were okay.

We have arrived in Oz now, so will update soon on our crazy adventures there 😊

Love us xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb