Travel Blog 22 to 27 July(Darwin -Kakadu-Kununurra)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kununurra
July 27th 2008
Published: July 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Greetings from Western Australia!We crossed the border yesterday and had to give away our fruit,veg and honey before doing so.A kind soul gave us some fish in return.We have had a wonderful week in the Kakadu Nat. Park.I now treat big crocs lying on the river bank as common(tho still scary).We took a day tour into Arnhemland and visited Aboriginal rock art sites which was quite fascinating-"Our First People" as the PM refers to them have been here 50,000 years.A sunrise cruise on the "Yellow River" was probably the highlight with so much birdlife and up close to big crocs.(see photos).We aso did a gruelling bit of 4WD to Twin Falls and Jim Jim Falls.Crossing Jim Jim River with a croc warning sign and deep enough to create a bow wave was a bit disconcerting.The last two days we have come some distance west to Kunumurra 42 kms inside the WA border.On Wed. we have booked a tour into the Bungle Bungles leaving at 5.30am and returning at 7pm-we should sleep well after that.We have had 2 emails from Graham and Di about their adventures in Vietnam.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb