Travel Blog 14 to 21 July(Renner Springs to Darwin)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
July 20th 2008
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We have travelled less this week and are in Darwin,shortly to take Graham & Di to the airport on their way to Vietnam.It has been great having them here for 2 days.This past week we feel we have been in the tropics with temperatures min. 20 up to 30 + during the day.We have tried to do without the aircon which we think is offensive in a camp ground.Katherine Gorge was the highlight of the early part of the week with magnificent scenery in a gorge where we were able to swim with only fresh water crocs for company(they are shy we are told).We took a half day boat trip up the first 3 gorges.Then on to Litchfield Nat. Pk for a night and more swimming opportunities in crystal clear water below attractive waterfalls.Then on to Darwin and an exploration of the City yest. with a market, war museum and wharf area.Much in evidence to mark various points of relevance during the Jap. invasion in 1942.Tomorrow we leave Darwin and head off to Kakadu Nat. Pk before going west.Janet thinks the cooler weather is to be preferred.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb