Silent Grove (Wednesday 4th - Thursday 5th June)


Advertisement
Published: November 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Silent Grove (Wednesday 4th - Thursday 5th June)
We were very keen to get to Bell Gorge in the King Leopold Ranges for a long awaited swim. We set up camp at Silent Grove situated about 10km from the falls. Our camp site was beautiful with a scenic rock wall behind us, table and fire place - Luxury!

After set up was complete we donned our bathers, packed the backpack and drove to the gorge walk starting point. It was then about a 2km walk over rocky terrain to the falls. The walk was truly worth it with a spectacular water fall and lots of rocky swimming pools. We had a great afternoon swimming and following the rock pools upstream. The view was amazing as well as the wildlife with lots of water monitors, frogs and fish to be seen. It is so refreshing to swim in clear, cool, fresh water pools and also very cleansing for five very dusty people.

We topped of our stay at Silent Grove with a tasty dinner accompanied by Damper from our world renowned pastry chef Tahlia and fire and coal manager Matt.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb