Hump slump


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Derby
August 28th 2011
Published: August 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Thank God week 5 is done and dusted. It was always goinng to be a massive week but I feel like I'm been hit by a truck.

Monday morning 6.15am I wake to hear men outside my bedroom window. "That's odd" thought I, as I peered through the blinds.
Painters had arrived to paint my entire house- inside and out. As my luck would have it, I had just finished my weekly clean (in a hungover state - which made it all the more difficult) and they were about to ruin it with dirtydrop sheets and the smelly varnish. Boo hiss! The other slap in the face was that my Med student guest arrived at 7:30am and had to negotiate the new, not welcoming interior that was my newly messed up house.
I am making it sound worse than it actually was, but it was just all systems go and on a Monday morning to boot.

My med students turned out to be fantastic and we got along really well. We had a great week of socialising but school was a bit of a nightmare. I think the entire staff agree that this term has been so full of interuptions that the kids have just lost the ability to keep it together. As well as being the mid way point of the term it was also my turn to present an assembly item and unforuntately it was scheduled for the same day as the Interschool Athletics Carnival which meant I lost nearly half my class. AARGGGHHH!

Thank goodness Friday did roll around and I was well and truly ready to let my hair down. We headed off to the Boab for a drink and a dance with our med students and it turned out to be a really good night.
Saturday was another big day. 4 med students and I all squeezed into Abernazza and took off for Broome. We hit the usual suspects with the markets, Chinatown and Cable beach all on the tour circuit. I ducked into Bunnings and picked up a new bbq! Yay! Cable Beach was sensational and it was a relaxing day. I really enjoyed getting out of Derby for the day.
We were back home around 6pm but I just had time to feed the dog before I joined the girls for Heidi's Birthday Marsh Party. We had such a good time
Beach timeBeach timeBeach time

Me and Hemma
sitting around the fire and playing some party games like Limbo.
It was around midnight after I crawled into bed and was awake again by 7am for First Communion.
Sunday was mostly a day of chilling out and I didn't even feel guilty for not doing any school work.
I hope this week is slightly more sedate than last week, I just don't think I can handle another one like it so soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 16; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0871s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb