Dressed up in Derby


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Derby
August 19th 2011
Published: August 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last weekend I hit the Boab to farewell Kate and was entertained by Broome band Phat Monkeys. Saturday was pretty normal apart from the few finishing touches to my costumes. I had to create a T getup for my Taryn party and a H costume sensation to go with my school function.
My bike appropriate, Tellietubby costume, was relatively lame but my Hangover idea was solid. I had the berrocca, panadol packet, meat pie wrapper, bottle of water, crazy hair and bucket accessories all sorted.
At 4pm I left home for Tour de Fridge. Our first stop was the Spinni for the minimum 2 drinks before departure. Then we received a Police escort (a cop was also at the party) to our next mandatory location.
After some more drinks (jelly shots), nibbles and giggles we carefully rode our bikes to the third location.
At this point I left the T group and rode around the corner to begin the school staff festivities. Luckily there was no more bike riding involved and a sensible and very sober bus driver took us to our various progressive dinner locations. After another 6 or 7 jelly shots we enjoyed a fantastic main course and desserts and although some parts of the night are a little fuzzy, my lasting impression of the night is that I spent most of my time in fits of laughter.
On my short walk home I was stopped by the police troopy as the Trifle I was holding looked suspiciously like a beer (or so they claimed).
Sunday morning I was desperate for some Vegemite toast, however I reckon I got off the hook pretty lightly considering how much alcohol I consumed! It was fun to hang out with the school crew in an out of work situation and it will be a night I remember fondly.





Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

TradieTradie
Tradie

aka Keia
Dinner is servedDinner is served
Dinner is served

Our main course was had here.


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb