Edit Blog Post
Published: February 6th 2011
Having surived my first school week I made sure there were a few drinks on offer when Friday afternoon rolled around.
The week had gone smoothly but getting back into the habit of waking up to an alarm clock will certainly take a bit longer to get used to.
My class is wonderful. There are 23 children on the roll but I had less than 20 all three days.
Of course this weekend was spent rushing around trying to get as much school prep done so as to make this week slightly more structured. The only thing that really made things tricky was the lack of supplies available in the storeroom. If that is the worst of it then I consider myself very lucky.
Friday afternoon signalled the end of our first working week. We celebrated by heading out to the Boab Pub. Our very first visit. I went along with all the other new staff. There was live music on offer and it was a great night out. I bumped into a girl who I used to work with in Gerladton and even managed to make friends with some trainee doctors who are here for the year. The pub as packed- possible potential hotties on offer but more recon work needed. I couldn't believe that so many people actually live here. The streets are always empty whenever I go out.
The rest of the weekend went speeding along (as they tend to do). I spent 4 hours gardening/ weeding and consequently found myself dehydrated and burnt. Lesson learnt!
Time for this week's Top Ten events:
1. Laundry that dries overnight
2. Watching the Saturday night sunset at the Derby jetty while fishing with my new friends and enjoying some nibbles and drinks.
3. Watching on as Caitlyn reeled in a shark, gave it a kiss and threw it back
4. Riding my bike everywhere
5. Walking the one and a half minutes to and home from school
6. Meeting my class!!!
7. Skyping- cos it's the best invention ever!
8. When some boys from my class walked passed and yelled out, "Hi Miss Chloe" (so touched they weren't ashamed to know me!)
9. Learning the difference between a weed and a plant
10. Drinking and chatting with new friends on my front porch
Thanks for reading this week's entry. As you can probably tell, I'm finding it really easy to find loads of fun, exciting and positive things up here. Thank you to everyone who wrote comments or sent message to my blog. I still get such a buzz from reading them. Love to you all.
Tot: 2.864s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0243s; 2; m:saturn w:www (22.214.171.124); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.4mb