Edit Blog Post
Published: January 29th 2011
It's been one week exactly since I drove into town. I've set up house, spent some quality time 'networking' with other newbie teachers, experienced my first cyclone warning, celebrated Australia Day watching fireworks crack over Broome's mangroves and even managed to make some new friends along the way.
I'm half way through setting up my classroom and although I expect next week to be challenging beyond belief, I feel comfortable in my new town and my new home.
Here is my top ten list for this week:
1. Mango beer at Matso's brewry Broome (ginger beer was lovely too)
2. Grace Removals delivering all my stuff without breaking anything
3. Mangrove's (the pub) Australia Day fireworks show. Just like a mini foreshore- great atmosphere.
4. Balmy nights in Broome with old friends (thanks Mel and Paula)
5. Soaking up my last few pre school sleepins
6. Experiencing my first cyclone warning
7. Making some new teacher friends
8. Skyping friends and family at home (love you Mum)
9. Eating barra 3 times in one week
10. Finding out I have a mango tree in my backyard.
Here's hoping next week will be as positive as this week.
Tot: 0.778s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0102s; 1; m:saturn w:www (184.108.40.206); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.3mb