The Robey's take on Perth to Exmouth Day 6


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Coral Bay
July 15th 2021
Published: July 18th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Day 6

Today we were keen to leave early and head straight to Coral Bay, a two and half hour drive from where we were. The place was packed, an obvious popular tourist destination as the waters were clear, turquoise and bright blue with white beaches and a reef only 200 metres away.

The little town had one side of caravan and tourist parks and the other had the small shopping precinct, including a couple of bottle shops, and IGA and a few speciality stores.

Parking near the beach we waded into the ocean and by knee deep huge emperor fish were swimming between our legs. I couldn’t wait to get my goggles on and see the marine life and it didn’t disappoint. Even in the shallows, there were fish galore and when you headed into the reef there were so many tropical type varieties that I wanted to know what they all were. We spent a good hour in there, I was in my happy place, my mermaid tail, the ocean, the fish, a little slice of water heaven.

As we still had another almost two hours to Exmouth we left, wanting to come back here another time and spend a few days exploring.

The Exmouth Ningaloo Caravan and Tourist Park was quite big, and we settled in to our site quickly. Going for a drive to the local shops, we discovered that one of the local breweries, Froth, was next door and we stopped for a beer paddle (again), some really nice beers here, my favourite being a raspberry jalapeño sour. Grabbing some BBQ meat we enjoyed a nice BBQ back at the camp site and retired early, knowing that we had a full on day ahead of us in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.137s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb