Lucky Bay – Cape Le Grande National Park (Friday 3rd May – Sunday 5th May)


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We had heard a lot of good reports of Lucky Bay and it certainly didn’t disappoint! A beautiful calm bay with amazing granite boulders on one side and sweeping sand hills on the other. Again the sand is the whitest of whites and the water so clear.

The camp ground is busy but we find a nice spot with a view of the bay to set up camp. We are immediately greeted by several kangaroos who we decided must be the Campground Hosts. We settled in and then went for a walk to explore the rock pools and amazing granite formations of Lucky Bay.

The morning saw mals removed from bags, wetsuits on and a paddle out to explore the coast line from the water. There was plenty of fish and sea life to be discovered below including one amazingly vibrant starfish spotted by Ella.

The afternoon presented the opportunity to explore Cape Le Grande National Park. We saw and heard ‘Whistling Rock’, then drove down to check out Cape Le Grande Beach before heading to Frenchman’s Peak, a granite outcrop 262m above sea level. We packed our camera and water and donned our hiking boots, aka havianas and headed for the peak. What a spectacular view we were rewarded with as well as the opportunity to phone Tahlia as our phones got signal up there!

Our final morning at Lucky Bay saw Carrie paddling across the bay and Matt and the girls driving along the beach to search out some surf. Matt lucked in with a few waves and the girls and I enjoyed a bash in the shore break.

Goodbye Lucky Bay, another beautiful Australian destination!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement





Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb