Tourists


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
September 20th 2011
Published: September 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Broome BeachBroome BeachBroome Beach

Beautiful blue waters are very inviting.
Today we were tourists. We don’t normally like following the tourist trail, but today in Broome, we looked at what the town has to offer. We started out with a drive down to the port for a walk along the jetty. The water was a a beautiful inviting azure blue. On the beach beside the jetty, are rocks of many shapes and colours. Some even sparkle due to their mica content. Frank spent a while taking photos there. Walking along the jetty we met two fishermen who proudly showed us a large recently caught ‘blue bone’ fish. As were walked further we met another fisherman, with a fish with pretty blue spots. We chatted with him while watching a group of ‘milk fish’ swim past, and then saw a very long water snake. It was a very interesting stroll.
In the town, we did a walking tour of all the galleries, both photographic and art. There were some lovely glass pieces I would have liked to add to my collection. We then went for a drive out to The Mango Shop in a bid to buy some fresh mangos. Broome mangoes are not in season until November, so we made do
AustraliaAustraliaAustralia

A map of Australia? Found in the coloured rocks on the beach.
with a mango smoothie.
We bought some handlines ready for some fishing from the jetty tomorrow. I am sure we appeared like real amateurs to the salesman. We used to do a lot of fishing many years ago, but haven’t fished for a long time. I don’t expect we will catch anything, but will be thrilled if we do.
Before heading to Cable Beach for another sunset, I tried out the pool at the caravan park. Just me and a little girl in the thirty metre salt water pool. Very refreshing.
Although we have enjoyed looking around Broome, we have both decided that we probably wouldn’t come back. It is a noisy town. What possessed the town planners to allow the town to be built around an airport, we will never know. But there it is, an airport very close to the centre of Broome, with commercial, private and charter planes coming and going at all hours, bringing more tourists.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Broome PalmsBroome Palms
Broome Palms

Another view of the beautiful blue waters.
Happy PhotographerHappy Photographer
Happy Photographer

The title says it all.
Cable Beach SunsetCable Beach Sunset
Cable Beach Sunset

Another pretty sunset, helped along by smoke in the air.


21st September 2011

perth
hi Frank and Irene any idea of an approximat date you will be in Perth and which way you will be heading home. still enjoying you blogs this will enable us to do our planning, i felt the same about Broome to noisy and toooooooooooo hot and to expensive hope to see you soon....love chris and richard.x.x.

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb