A fishy tale.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
September 21st 2011
Published: September 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we went fishing. Up bright and early, we were out on the wharf fishing at the change of tides. We spent five hours fishing, feeding our bait to the fish, talking to passers-by, and watching turtles and snakes swim around below us. We both got burnt, but had a most enjoyable time.
After lunch, it was a refreshing swim in the pool for both of us. According to the weather app on my phone, it was 37.4 degrees. After our swim, we had a bit of a power nap (nana nap) in the shade by the pool.
The car refuelled and supplies restocked, we are ready to depart Broome tomorrow morning. We have enjoyed our time in Broome, and have taken the opportunity to relax. We will be heading inland again toward Karajini National Park, before going back to the coast.
We went to Cable Beach again to watch our last Broome sunset. We saw the camel tour on the beach for the first time this evening.
Tonight we had a lovely fish dinner with a prawn entrée. The sea mullet came to us courtesy of the local fish shop, the prawns from the supermarket.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb